- About Us
- Certified Municipal Court Attorney
New Jersey Certified Municipal Court Attorney - Steven Hernandez
With tens of thousands of attorneys practicing law in New Jersey, it can be difficult to know whom to trust with your DWI case.
In 2012, the New Jersey Supreme Court authorized a program in response to this problem to help raise the competence level among attorneys practicing in the Municipal Courts and assist the public in finding a lawyer.
Attorney Certification Program
The New Jersey Attorney Board on Attorney Certification administers the state’s attorney certification program. Attorneys who satisfy the requirements of the program and achieve Board Certification may say that they are certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Although all attorneys must pass the bar exam before practicing law in New Jersey, the Certification program allows lawyers to set themselves apart in a particular field of law. New Jersey attorneys may obtain board certification in:
- Civil trial law
- Criminal trial law
- Matrimonial law
- Worker’s compensation law
- Municipal court
Obtaining Board Certification
The Attorney Certification program is rigorous, and only a small percentage of New Jersey attorneys achieve certification. Requirements of the program include:
- Membership in good standing with the New Jersey State Bar for a minimum of five years
- Fulfilled Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements
- Demonstration of thorough knowledge and trial experience in municipal court proceedings
- Positive evaluations by judges and fellow attorneys familiar with the applicant’s work
- Passing of a rigorous written exam
Steven Hernandez—Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Municipal Court Trial Lawyer
Attorney Steven W. Hernandez has undergone New Jersey’s intensive Board Certification program and is recognized as a Board Certified Municipal Court Attorney.
Ask A Question
Submit a case evaluation to get your questions answered.